View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
y0rkiesR0ck
YT Addict

Default recently regurgitating and/or vomiting. please help!

hey there. i have 9 month old yorkie named kash. yesterday he threw up or regurgitated what could have been digested food, but there were no obvious chunks to remove any doubt. it looked a little like tapioca pudding, but it wasn't runny or watery. it was beige and easy to pick up with tissue in just one clump.

then this morning around 4:30 a.m., i was awaken by the sounds of him convulsing, and all that came out was a clear liquid. he did this twice in a row (literally). i'm assuming there was nothing in the upchuck b/c his tummy is empty.

the first incident was around 6-6:30 p.m. last night. he was active and running around with the cats, so i thought maybe he upset his tummy with too much bouncing around. but i can't understand the second incident b/c it happened when there was no physical activity involved. we were just sleeping and all of a sudden he's regurgitating. it could have been bile, but it wasn't yellow, it was clear. but maybe that's bile too? i'm not sure.

he is still very energetic. he's not shaking or stumbling. his eyes look fine. his stool looks normal (i took him outside right after the regurgitating, and he went poo and pee). i will note that on friday i was prompted to take a sample of his stool to the vet to be tested b/c there was blood present. the sample came back negative, and he's had normal stool since then, so i never took him in. the vet had told me to brng him in if the blood continued to be in his stool, but it didn't. is it possible that even though his stool went back to normal, he's got something in his intestines causing him to vomit/regurgitate?

can anyone offer any additional info/advice other than taking him to the vet?

thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!