View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 07:04 AM   #1
ranant12
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Persians need homes desperately.

Hey yall, I know this is a yorkie forum, but I need some help for some persians that desperately need loving homes. I've been here a while and I know yorkie people are some of the most loving and devoted pet owners, so I thought I'd let yall know what I have going on.

Last week a friend of mine in Madisonville La that is a pet lover and helps a lot of feral cats, got a call about a persian breeder in Baton Rouge that had damage to her home from hurricane Gustav and had decided to seek homes for some of her persians. My friend immediately agreed to take the cats and try to find homes. She assumed she was getting 15 cats. The breeder showed up with 50! malnurished, flee infested, desperately sick cats and kittens. These animals had been severely neglected. Apparently the "breeder" had mental issues (was a hoader, maybe). Anyway Charise was stunned to find herself with 50 cats and a box of kittens. When she asked what mother the kittens went with the breeder said"Don't worry about the kittens, they'll probably die anyway!!!" Well you can all imagine how Charise reacted to that.

Long story short, Charise has worked had to find loving, deserving homes for these cats this week. I have fostered one mother and 3 kittens that were literally hours away from death from starvation. I have also placed 4 cats with loving families here. All cats are in the process of being spayed an neutered before being placed. Charise is asking a small adoption fee to cover the vet bills ($50).

If you can provide a good home for one of these cats and are located near Madisonville La, please contact me at thommel@wcsd.k12.ms.us or call me at 601-303-2028 after 3:30 and I will put you in touch with Charise.

These are pure breed persian cats and kittens. Please research the breed and their grooming and health issues before you chose to adopt.
ranant12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!