View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
Babz
YT Addict

Cry Reverse sneezing or collapsed trachea???

Mocha makes honking noises whenever she drinks. She's had this ever since I got her, but I think it may be getting worse.

I talked to the vet when they came over to vaccinate (which was over 2 weeks ago) and the vet suggests changing her water feeder to that with a smaller tube.

I did that, and she's STILL doing it. I read this article here:
Collapsed Trachea in Dogs

And with this article as a guidance, I massaged her throat, and she does not cough then. She also does not have problem breathing when she plays/exercise, and there's no problem about tiring easily. Bear in mind, I must've read more than 20 articles, but the one I linked to is most comprehensive and short.

She DOES NOT honk any other times, only when she's drinking. But this happens EVERYTIME she drinks. She has been coughing a little today, but that may be because my sister (7 years old) put a leash on her yesterday and she might have pulled it hard or something I have to say, Mocha drinks A LOT of water. Is there such a thing as drinking too much?

I'm just so worried this might be the beginning of (or already is) collapsed trachea. Should I call the vet? Is this normal? It just sounds very painful whenever she does it, I'm so worried! Please advice!
Babz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!