View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #14
altigger74
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Just my opinion, I have two cats here with my babies. I've tried the caps, they didn't work for me because the caps have to be glued on (at least the ones I had did) and holding my 25lb cat, putting glue and tips on? NOT! She ended up with glue on her paws and I swore she was going to stick to the floor! So I spoke with my vet about it and they can put the cat under local anistesia (I know that sp is wrong) but they are not fully put under just out of it, and they trim the nails VERY short and cauterize the ends. He told me that they should remain short for a couple of months that way. I had another cat that was declawed and she never hurt the babies with her back claws. The dogs always got out of her way before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my pet View Post
Yes I'm working on that, I have decided not to declaw him after doing the research online. So I will be going to get the caps for his nails tomorrow and will be trying to get a better solution because I also can not keep him in the room all the time. Since Chewy does go with pretty much everywhere I could let the cat out when we are gone during the day and put him in the room when we get home. I will still keep the baby gate up because I do not want Chewy rooming full house even when cat is in room. So I am just trying to figure things out I really don't feel I should get rid of him it was a natural reaction for him when Chewy was barking at him and trying to play cat wanted to be left alone and it was his way to say no. It was to late by the time I got over there. Like I said they have been fine together for a year but this just shows accidents happen no matter what and it can happen to anyone even when using precaution. Any ideas of what could be done? I would love to hear. Thanks everyone!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!