View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #8
LaPeque
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi there. I am box training my puppy, although I'm lining the box with puppy pads instead of using litter. (We tried the litter once and it was a disaster ... he got it everywhere!)

I started out "paper" training him on puppy pads, and when he had that down I moved the pads to the inside of the box. I chose to box train him because it was a neater and cleaner permanent option than paper training or leaving puppy pads directly on the carpet.

The pros for me are that Oscar always has access to a safe potty area, and when the weather is bad I don't have to take him outside. I have an apartment on the second floor and didn't want to constantly be carrying him up and down the stairs to go out. Also, there are a couple days a week when I'm gone 8 hours and I didn't want him to have to hold it. The only con is that I am constantly changing puppy pads ... he can get a little messy and the pads are somewhat expensive, but the convenience of not having to worry about getting him outside in time makes it worth it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!