View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 05:36 AM   #8
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby&Seymour View Post
Yes, Vi......... you CAN come for dinner..... this is your FORMAL invite!

........ and bring the girls!
Sounds like you definitely need to chillout today and take care of Chanel and Cheri.
I know what is like to be in an area that has been hit with disaster. Our small town was flooded years ago and it was so awful. We were lucky as our home is a mile away from the river that flooded, but there were so many without homes. We were planning on getting new furniture and decided to donate our used furniture to disaster relief instead of selling it (it was still in very good condition). We were without water for more than a week, although we had electricity. They set up porta-johns in the subdivision...... and I am sure that the neighbors enjoyed watching me RUN to it in the morning in my nightgown! The cleanup was awful..... mold, and bacteria in all the houses that were flooded..... GALLONS and GALLONS of bleach were needed to help with getting things sanitized. BUT WE GOt THRU IT........ and Houston will TOO!!!!! It will just take time, and everyone pitching in with what they can....... even a donation of a few gallons of bleach or a box of garbage bags means something!!!!

So...... chillout... then later, check on the neighbors..... they may need a piece of plastic or an extra hand at lifting some of those limbs outta their patios! ........

Enjoy your frozen dinner...(I kinda like the "hungry man" ones! .)... I am so glad that you have power and that it is STILL FROZEN!!!

.........by the way, I was SO VERY IMPRESSED that you put some extra nails in your patio fence and it made such a difference...... GIRL POWER RULES!!! ........ good thinking Vi!!!
Take Care!!!

oh dear porta pottys in the hood ?? Now that IS scary ....and I know what you mean about clean up - I tried to move the big branch blocking my front door and it wouldn't budge

and ya - GIRL POWER RULES - I didn't hear any hammering cept my own the day of Ike... and yo and behold - I still have my fence for the girls.....since we can't walk outside .....it's even more important to me.

I went out to see if I could help yesterday afternoon and no one wanted to touch their mess - I guess when you live in an apartment it's not the same as a house. Me - my new apt is MY HOME .....I don't want to see all this mess but I guess I'm stuck with it till someone gets management out here - I can't do it alone.

I can't drive either (we aren't susposed to anyway) due to all the boards and glass & tree limbs everywhere -

I don't understand people sometimes - you hear such great stories about neighbors helping neighbors - but it's not happening in my apt complex.

Last edited by red98vett; 09-14-2008 at 05:37 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!