Thread: microchip
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alishasmom View Post
Thank you very much to all of you, for answering to my post. Also, I want to ask you guys if the injection site ever get infected, if it hurts, if they cry, ect. I was watching some videos in utube, and I saw a little maltese, being chipped. She did not cry at all, but the chinese crested, seemed to be in so much pain!! take a look YouTube - Maya's Microchip Cry 9-15-2007 YouTube - miki the micro-chipped dog

Wow, what a difference in how the dogs reacted, I don't know if they may have numbed the surface with the Maltese, he did seem to spend lots of time rubbing the area, maybe he used something. Also the technique used could have been different and some dogs are more sensitive to pain than others, maybe even the amount of fat makes a difference. I do know that there is a huge range of skill in those that deliver shots and give IV's, and the first dog, it looked like the doctor flinched when he inserted the microchip. Joey had his done at the same time as neutering for this reason, no sense hurting them if you don’t have to.

Join today and remove this ad!