View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #6
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

I was getting on here to reply about where to find the Frontline spray and am reading about the herbal treatments.....I was thinking "what a great idea!", but from what I'm reading it seems they're all once a day or twice a week type of things .

*WundrWmn*, exactly how do you apply the eucalyptus oil?? Do you think you'd have to use Mane 'N Tail shampoo, or could I use something else? I'd be interested in trying this out even though I've already purchased the Frontline spray bottle, especially if it isn't a daily or biweekly thing. Sometimes Bella doesn't get a bath for 2 weeks or so, though, so maybe this wouldn't be for us?? Still, might be worth a try.

I would say your bf is right, though, about not taking her to the dog park until she's treated with something. Fleas are no fun, for her or you, but they can lead to tapeworms too....yuck-o! If you're still thinking about doing the Frontline, this online store has it pretty inexpensive: Frontline flea Spray Kills Fleas & Ticks . You still have to pay shipping, but that's a couple dollars cheaper than I paid, and I had to pay tax, so it probably evens out. I don't think Advantage makes a spray product, and it's possible if your vet likes Advantage he may not know about the Frontline spray...I'd never heard of it until my vet suggested it since Bella is so small and will stay that way. Interesting fact: he said that it was originally marketed to use on children with head lice, so it's pretty safe! In fact, he sprayed his finger and then licked it to show us how safe it is!!....weirdo!
bellasmomok is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!