View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
missj2007
YT 500 Club Member

I have a lot but won't put all of them on here lol it would take forever. One hurricane I forgot the name, my cousins, aunties, mom and sister and I all went to stay with my grandparents since they did not want to evacuate. They live close to the beach but never get flooded out too bad but we were scared for them.Another hurricane we didn't know about and were traveling to Orlando rode right through it came back and Pensacola was just destroyed! Hurricane Ivan came on my birthday Sept 16th, it was going to be my sweet 16 and it and up being my dreary 16th! My mom boyfriend told us to come out side and the lighting looked green. Than things got worse. I was scared and called my grandma than the phone cut off. Than the noise of a train it was horrifying. Next the door blew opened to our apartment and I screamed my mom's name while I went to put something against the doors. We went back to lay down and the ceiling caved in , in the dining room. I was saying what's next? Ivan really messed up Pensacola. I remeber the long lines to get gas,people skipping,people trying to sell you ice when it was free. People stealing from the stores: jackets, outfits,purses etc. Eating the MREs. My sister had left and went to Alabama with her husband and they were not letting them in. I hate it when people leave, I wanted us to all stay together. I can not wait to move away from Florida, I am tired of hurricanes! Wanted to add when I was in school for some reason I loved hurricanes, I loved preparing for them and missing a few days of school!

Last edited by missj2007; 09-12-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: add something
missj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!