View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
avasmama75
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
I have a slight feeling that many people on here are going to tell you to do your homework. Because there is no such thing as a tea cup yorkie and thinking that you might want to breed them would be irresponsible. The breeders on this site are passionate about what they do and spend a lot of money, time and heartache with their breeding programs so that they know they are putting out THE best yorkshire terriers that they can. Breeding should not be something you want to "give a shot" because it is not as casual as that. However, shoudl you decide to still go ahead... please read some books and realize that yorkies come in standard size... if you buy one named a tea cup you are just falling into a trap that breeders use to charge more for the smaller pups. A dog under 4 lbs should NOT be bred. Also check that your female and stud have had health checks for liver issues and they should not have LP. I'm sure you will be getting plenty more advice- and i'm sure a lot of it willl have a "tone" that will make you upset but for MANY breeders on here.. breeding is their life.
I agree.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!