View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #13
maxmom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102262 View Post
Well Martha says to use Hot Water and Vinegar and I did until my marble floors started looking dull and then the Man who came to polish them said never ever use vinegar on marble it eats the finish off. He said ohter surfaces do great with Vinegar, it disinfects and it is safe w/pets. So it depends on what kind of floor you have.
Vinegar is a great natural cleaner, but its acid eats marble and granite, natural stones in general.I found with great results, that dawn detergent is as good on fleas as it is on floors, I get two buckets, one with warm water and just a little dawn, (make sure its just a little, otherwise you'll never get it rinsed)and other bucket with plain water, I use two towels(otherwise you have to be changing the water constantly)It leaves the floors sparkly clean, the having two buckets and two towels makes all the difference, it saves time,and I it does not take long.I do have tile and the dawn has removed all the build up that the Mop and Glow and others cleaners had left, only now I can see the difference and I'm very happy.
Attached Thumbnails
What to use to "Clean Floors"-cubanmop.png   What to use to "Clean Floors"-41f63thbmyl._sl500_aa280_.jpg  
maxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!