View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

What I seeing is two very stressed out dogs running scared.
So lets see what we can do to drop that as they can not learn when running scared.

First peeing and pooping in a house can be fear as the smell of themselves can be calming and very self rewarding.

Get diapers on them if they will accept them.
I get them into one room and have that puppy proofed, giving them a smaller space with pee pads when out of a diapers and belly band.
Chewing is anxiety too so get the stress level down.. yup I know it tough as nails to do it...
tray a DAP diffuser that will put pheromones in the air that helps calm dogs. Get a few dog calming CD from through a dogs ear.

Get the stress level down then one at a time have them on you by a leash that way they can not sneak off to pee. They learn great eye contact and will learn your their to help.

Get lots of chew toys lots.

Also tons of exercise.
Try Tellington touch and massage.
Try an axiety wrap it like wrapping up a fussy human baby. They are running high and can not slow so it helps slow them by contaning the anxiety.

Also get their brains working 15 minutes of clicker training is a half hour of walking at a fast pass..... Tired dogs are not getting into trouble.

Short of that you may need to talk to a vet and check for UTI and bladder stones or a valve in the female not closing tight enough.

JL

Last edited by YorkieMother; 09-11-2008 at 08:17 PM.
YorkieMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!