View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
LaPeque
Senior Yorkie Talker

About the shivering ... does it only seem to be to be brought on by fear, or does he stop and shake out of the blue?

I'm surprised that the vets are so resistant to do a blood panel ... I mean, you are the one paying for it!! Oscar had one strange episode that I thought was a hypoglycemic attack, and my vet strongly encouraged me to do the complete bloodwork. (Which came back normal). Hopefully the vet tomorrow will be more sensitive to your concerns and will go ahead and do the bloodwork to ease your mind.

As far as the picky eating is concerned, I agree with the other poster who mentioned adding a little cottage cheese or chicken. A little low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth poured over the food might help too. Oscar was extremely finicky and it took me forever to find kibble that he'd actually eat ... he really likes Wellness and Halo. Recently I switched him to the prey diet, and now he's a maniac at feeding times ... he just about bounces off the wall he is so excited. In your case I wouldn't make any extreme dietary changes until you're sure that nothing more serious is going on.

Good luck with the vet tomorrow and I hope everything is alright with your baby!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!