View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #11
DiorDoll
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessbell View Post

Hiya,

Ok, so I have yet another question! lol Do any of you brush your dogs teeth? I haven't done it to previous dogs but am wondering if it's something I should be considering with my new Yorkie pup. I saw some tooth brushes and paste earlier while shopping for my lil girl but they all looked too big! I just cant imagine being able to get one of those in her mouth!

Jess

I think its a great idea. I read in a Yorkie book that a lot of older toy dogs die from tooth decay problems because their mouths are so small so teeth are more crowded than in a big dog. Also, the interaction is good for social health too. Being able to touch and brush your dogs teeth is a great thing! If you ever need to give your dog medicine, you will be glad that you did that!

I wish I would have started brushing Milo's teeth when he was a puppy, We are just starting to brush his teeth and he HATES it. And when we had to give him medicine, because we hadn't played with his teeth and mouth so he was like "What the hell are you doin mom" and he wasn't havn' it at all!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!