View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri Cunningham View Post
OK this I'm an expert on. Krissy did that and it turned out to be a allergy to grass. Krissy's daughter did the same thing and they found it they stopped all chicken and chicken by products she was fine. Another puppy now 16 months does it out of stress. If she gets stressed she will chew her legs like a person would bite their nails

A friend spent hundreds of dollars to find that there does not need to be a rash to have the back legs itch to the point they chew off the hair. Her little girl was fine after stopping all grains from her diet. My Mandy can get a flea bite on her neck and she will chew all the hair off her legs and back if I don't follow a strict regiment. Lucky for me she hasn't done the legs in a while.

Bottom line any allergy or stress can cause them to chew just the back legs.

3V caps liquid seems to have been recommended in all cases. Also a creme rinse or oatmeal conditioner. I use Relief creme rinse. Emma just started using ResiCHLOR leave on lotion as perscribed by her vet.

Hope this helps!

I agree that allergies are probably the culprit. It could be food or inhalant allergies (which are more common) or both.

What do you feed Bella? Corn, soy and wheat are the three ingredients most likely to cause allergies.

I also use 3V caps. My vet recommended them years ago for Lady's allergies and it has really helped. Lady also gets Zyrtec everyday.
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!