View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
leipshen
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Honestly..am i neurotic..or is my worry valid???

Hi everyone,

Let me start off by saying that I "have" made "Biscuit" a vet appt. for tomorrow morning. This will be the third vet that I have taken him to. The other two vets both stated that "Biscuit" seemed fine. They saw no reason to draw blood on him and declined to do so. They both inferred that perhaps I was a bit fanatical over my precious baby. They each suggested the prescription ID food (he hates it) I know the reason for their lack of concern is because I have no specific symptoms to report, except that he just DOESN'T HARDLY EAT A THING.

Biscuit is 6 mos old. My daughter and her close friend here in Tucson own his parents. The friend is a small breeder, very serious and only has puppies once in a while. From the day i got "Biscuit", I have loved him so deeply that I can not explain it in words. He was a timid puppy and we worked through that. He has NEVER been interested in food. The friend who raised the litter was giving him Pro Plan. Well i know this is a terrible food, however, I did not have to worry about giving it to him because he right off refused to eat it. I got on YT and every day I read all that I can about diet. I know that I have probably contributed to his finicky ways because I have literally tried every suggestion (except raw) that I have read here.

He eats so little food that I cannot believe he has grown to be 3.5 lbs. He is happy, he is very playful, he has never had a hypoglycemic attack ( I give him nutri cal every day), He drinks water fine, he poos and pees fine.

The only thing that I have witnessed from "Biscuit" that has always scared me is that now and then he will shiver for a few minutes. This does not have anything to do ( with eating) "specifically". He has done this since he was 12 wks old. When I brought him home in the car he shook so hard he almost rattled the car. As I said he was timid. If I held him and walked outside he would shake up a storm ( We live in Tucson it is very warm) He is not timid any more, goes bye bye , no fear, loves everyone, no fear. Once in a while he will shiver. I instantly run for the nutri-cal which he used to love and now hates. (because of me I suppose)

One more factor that is important. I am on YT every day. I read, read, read, about liver shunts, encephalitis, MVD and I admit that I get very frightened of the thought. I know that I have become neurotic about "Biscuit" I am a very reasonable person. I am not , by nature, this way. I just want him to eat. I worry so that there is something wrong.

I am turning to all of you ... asking that you will give me your straight opinion. I am confused, I don't know if I am creating the problem because he is so sensitive and I am so scared. There is no one that I know here who feels and understands this crazy love that I have for him. If I do express my concerns to anyone thatI know, they shake their head and say I worry too much. He is all that I have here in Tucson. He is with me all day at work (in home health nurse) He is very comfortable here as this is where I spend most of my time.

I will not get upset if you think I am being neurotic. I am desperate.

You will ask if he is thin...well...he isn't a rack of bones, he has a little layer of fat over his ribs. He is little, he was tiny when I got him. He is growing, no one else seems to think he is too thin.

Help, how do I get "Biscuit" to take more than one bite of food here and there.

Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to give you as much info as possible.
leipshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!