View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #12
AprilLove
My Three Hearts
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbert View Post
Thanks for all the tips! I have a parka for her with a hood already. I tried boots on our last dog and she wouldn't wear them so I didn't invest in them for this dog. Our last dog did ok if I didn't let the groomer cut the fur off the bottoms of her feet in winter, I guess it was like furry boots? But some days were just to cold no matter what. I did use pee pads when I was housebreaking our Yorkie, maybe just put one by the door or in a box by the door? She won't go out in the rain, she acts like she's sugar and she'll melt. LOL This will be our first winter with her maybe she too will like the snow. I'll just have to be real carefull on the really cold days. I always watch them or go out with them.
If you put vaseline on the bottom of their paws on the really cold days, their pads won't freeze. I live in MN too, and my Yorkie is trained to both, but she prefers to go outside most of the time. When they are lifting their legs up like they hurt it, it is because of the pads freezing or ice forming between the pads.
AprilLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!