View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
I do know. Pixie ended up with gum disease at age 2 and had to have them professionally cleaned and 5 teeth pulled. So now they all get their teeth brushed every night and I put Petzlife on 3 times a week.
I am so upset myself....my Roxy is going to be 4 soon. She came to me with bad teeth at 6 months old. Since then she has had 1 cleaning and I have been brushing her teeth like crazy and the Petzlife too! I used to have *some* slack weeks and now we are going to be paying for it Her 2 front teeth are loose and her gums are reseeding - She has an appt. on Wed. to talk to the Vet about a cleaning and she most likely will have to have those teeth pulled, along with others I am sure. These past 2 weeks I have started to brush her teeth after her AM and PM meals (as I think this was the problem - she eats homecooked and the food was stuck there)

My friend just rescued an 8 y/o that NEVER had a cleaning and "maybe" some brushing (not sure though). Anyway, poor little girl had an infection in her mouth (for God knows how long) and she had soooooooo much s*** built up on her teeth that she couldn't close her mouth all the way (so sad). Well she got her first very needed cleaning and 20 teeth pulled - BUT - she is now pain free!

SO YES - Start early and Brush Teeth!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!