View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn WDW View Post
This dog CLIMBS! Like a cat. He gets the pens off the coffee table where my husband leaves them. He also gets his reading glasses. Fortunately I've caught him with those before he gets too far.
Lol, it's definitely going to be harder for you, probably one of the first things to teach is not to touch thing on the coffee table. Put something tempting up there, and when he goes for it, say "no, leave it", and push him aside if he doesn't obey the word "no" yet. After, he's sitting and not reaching for the table reward him with a treat, and praise him. You could even put some treats on the table to tempt him, but again, say, "No leave it" and when he sits, reward, with a treat and say good boy. Sometimes you can just watch them for a few minutes, and you will see the behaviors that are unacceptable. Make sure that there is at least one toy box that he has full access to and plenty of things he can explore. These are all trainable behaviors, but its best to not even have anything out that can hurt them, until you know he's properly trained.

Join today and remove this ad!