View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #10
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I used to be in the "how could you?" camp. Then we got Sammy. Sammy was 10 months old when we got her, now she's 2. She was re-homed. Sammy is amazing. We got her housetrained, got her the surgeries she needed and she has Loki and someone home with her almost all day every day. She and Loki love each other, which is saying a whole lot because Loki has anxiety around dogs but these two wrestle and play and snuggle and I never thought I'd see Loki do any of those things! She's happy, we're in love...I couldn't be happier if we'd picked her out as a puppy, in fact I don't think I could have picked out a sweeter pup.

It's true that I could personally never give up my two, but I have the resources to take care of them and a support system of people who love them too. Not everyone has that. If you find them a GREAT new home, you shouldn't feel guilty. You'll feel sad, but you'll also be making someone extremely happy!!!

It's a very difficult decision to make and of course you only make it if you have no other choice, but I just wanted to tell you the other side of it. Unless they have major separation anxiety or are unusually attached to you (Like my Loki is) then the truth is that they will be fine. Look at their personalities - do they like strangers? If they are generally happy dogs they will adapt. Good luck to you.

Last edited by Erin; 09-11-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!