View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 10:47 AM   #5
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Default liver shunt test

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceAmos
I think I would probably talk to your vet and express your concern about the fasting thing. If he thinks it will be OK, then I would trust his opinion. If he thinks you should wait, then I would wait. Either way, your vet should know best!

A question though: Is Liver Shunt considered a genetic disease?
It is not something that is inherited but happens when the puppy is forming in his mothers womb. It is the large vessel that carries bile thru the proper channels, being left open instead of closing like it is supposed to be. There is a lot of info on the net about it and a lot of these people on YT know a lot more about it than I do.

I have already had a lengthy discussion with the vet and he does think it will be alright. This vet has been our friend and vet for twenty years. My husband breeds beagles so we are at the vet a lot. Plus, I have a mini-poo and a mini-pug in the house. So we are close with our vet and I do trust his judgement. I am just really anxious about my new baby because since i have been a member on YT, I have learned that so many things can go wrong. Thanks for your reply
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!