View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Default Liver Shunt Test

I am bringing my new baby, Rambo, home next Thursday evening. He will be eight weeks old and has had no problems at all and No hypoglycemia so she is allowing me to pick him up. I am taking him to the vet at 8:00 a.m. Friday for a well-baby check and a liver shunt test. The kicker is this: The vet said not to let him eat or drink past 6:00p.m. on Thursday. That is going to be really hard and I will have to watch him like a hawk for hypoglycemia because I know he should eat every two or three hours at that age. What in the world can I do? The vet said they would do the blood draw then wait two hours and do another one then they would feed him. Does this sound right!!!!!!!! I thought the Liver Shunt test was a simple blood test. Apparently not and I am afraid not to get one. He has a health guarantee provided I have him vet checked within 48 hours after recieving him. I am scared to death for the poor little thing to have to fast. Almost to the point of not having it done but I know I need to. Can anyone calm me down? Thanks
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!