View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Cherry
YT Addict

Default Furbaby attacked!

Hi YT!

I have not been on in a very long time due to an extremely busy work schedule. This is not regarding my baby. One of my co-workers has a 5lb little yorkie. They were in the elevator of her building with one of her neighbors who she see often and the neighbor was walking a larger dog and then a small one. My co-worker did not think to pick up her baby because they have been in the elevator together before and fine.

Well the larger dog attacked her yorkie and tried to kill. The baby girl has been in the hospital for 3 days now with broken ribs and almost died
My co-worker called animal control and the police and they said they can not do anything. Then her 17 year old daughter who was a complete mess called and being she is not aggressive they did not offer any information.

I called the ASPCA myself. A woman explained it is a civil matter because you can not do anything about dog to dog. The woman gave me the number for Legal Action for animals. I have called for 3 days left message after message and I am not getting a response. The owner of the dog is avoiding her at all costs. And I feel like something should be done. And something can be done. I am just having a hard time finding out what that is. I am extremely busy at work so it is hard for me but I am doing what I can.

If anyone is from the NYC area or anywhere that would know what I can do it would be amazing. I cannot tell you how close to home this hit me and to see her everyday not knowing if her baby is going to make it kills me.

On another note! I am sure most of you are like me and do not let your baby walk or get to close to a larger dog. I know I pick mine up and we cross the street if I have to. We really never know what is going on inside a dogs head. Even the sweetest dog can turn vicious. And our Yorkies are so tiny that it doesn't take much. This is the 4th incident that I have heard in 3 months. 2 separate times with 2 totally different German Shepards. Both broke away from the owners . 1 attacked and killed a little s**tzue The other attacked and killed a 3lb Yorkie with 1 snap. And I am almost embarrassed to say that a friend of mine is being sued because her pit bull/masitff mix is being sued because he killed a little yorkie.

So please, if you are not as crazy as I am when it comes to your baby around larger dogs.. start now!

Again any info on how I can get some help for my co-worker would be great!

Thanks YT
Faith
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!