View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
emilyann
Lovin' My LilBug!
Donating Member

Question I think I want to start homecooking - help!

I'm at a loss on what to do for Lilly's feeding. Where I live, I'm very limited to certain brands of kibble. She's currently on Wellness Super5Mix since they started selling it at Petco. If anything, as quite a few people know from past threads I've started, her skin allergies have gotten worse. I really don't want to keep giving her Children's Benadryl every day. I wouldn't mind paying for shipping for food but the more I think about it the more it seems like such a hassle.

I had honestly not thought about homecooking until now and it just seems like it would fit perfectly into our lifestyle. I stay at home all the time so I'd have plenty of spare time to be able to cook and do whatever else it takes.

The problem is, I have no idea where to start and am loaded with questions.

Are there any good threads about homecooking?

Any specific people who do it and can help to get me going?

How much is it going to usually cost?

Am I going to need to give supplements along with the food I cook?

Is it just everyday grocery foods or do you have to buy certain types?

How will she do with transferring from eating dry kibbles all her life to eating food I cook for her? (I'm worried she'll scarf the food down and puke it up)

Will it affect her teeth? Will I need to do anything different teeth-wise since it won't be dry food?

Will homecooking help her allergies or am I just fighting a losing battle?

Will it cause her to have diarrhea or will her poo hopefully still be solid?

I'm sure I have many more that I'm just not thinking of. I'm set on getting rid of this allergy crap we've been dealing with, I feel so bad for her and it breaks my heart. Thanks !
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!