Thread: Dangerous Ball
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
hartygirl
megan - g
Donating Member

Chai's story is so heartbreaking! I have to say I look at my babies toys so close before handing them over!

I wrote to FourPaws Inc. when I first saw this and I got an email back from them:

Thank you very much for your message.

Like you, Four Paws is deeply concerned about reports of injuries suffered by some dogs as a result of a manufacturing defect in some of our Pimple Ball with Bell toys.

We want you to know that we have stopped shipping these toys to our distributors and we have asked them to have retailers remove the toys from their shelves immediately and return them at our expense.

We have also stopped all shipments of the toys from the manufacturer, and we are sending Executive Vice President Barry Askin to personally inspect the manufacturer’s facility in order to make sure that the defect has been corrected.

We are also changing the packaging of the Pimple Balls to make it easier to inspect them for potential defects, and we are individually inspecting every one of the toys in our inventory in order to identify any that may be defective.

Thank you again for your message and your concern. Please be assured that the safety and well being of pets is our top priority and we are doing everything we can to make sure that this problem is solved as quickly as possible.

Sincerely Yours

Four Paws Products

Allen Simon

President/CEO

This communication (including attachments) contains private, confidential, privileged and/or proprietary information intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If received in error, we apologize and ask that you please notify the sender by calling (631) 434-1100 or via return e-mail. Permanently delete this communication from your computer and destroy any printed copies. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Good to see a positive action taken, though still sad that it had to be because of such a tragic event!

hartygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!