View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
mollyollie
Yorkie Yakker

Cry We Have Lost Our Beloved Molly

Hi out there in Yorkie Talk. I just wanted to let you know that our beloved Molly passed away peacefully on Friday, September 5th. She was 11 years old and gave us such unconditional love & her final gift to us was that she died on her own, in her own home and we did not have to put her to sleep. Molly was not a Yorkie. She was our "big girl", all 125 pounds of her. She was a Landseer, black & white and the most beautiful, loving, layed back, "gentle giant" that you would ever want to see or meet. Everyone in the neighborhood knew Miss Molly & loved her, as she loved them. My husband John took her out for her morning walk on Friday & she came in the house, drank a little water and went to her favorite spot in the living room & layed down. Her breathing was a little labored but nothing that alarmed us. She had been slowing down lately, her back legs were giving her a lot of trouble. We left the room for a few minutes and when we came back my husband remarked how peaceful Molly looked with her head resting on the lower part of the table that she was laying by. When I went over to her I could see that she was not breathing. But she looked so much at peace. She just went to sleep. Our hearts are breaking and I have shed so many tears that I'm not sure where they are all coming from. Our two "little guys",
our beloved Yorkies, Oliver and Odie have lost their big sister. They are both missing her something awful. The other night when I was sitting in my chair crying they both jumped up in my lap & just got as close as they could to me & Oliver got up by my face and started licking away my tears. Thank God that we still have our boys. We will be getting our beloved Molly's ashes back in a few weeks and we are going to bury her out in our backyard by her favorite rose bush that she loved to lay by. Thanks so much for letting me share my grief. I know that Molly was not a Yorkie but as dog lovers I was sure that you wouldn't mind me talking about her. I keep thinking of her running free with our other sweetheart Muffy, who left us in 1999 and that gives us some peace.

Molly, Oliver and Odie's Mom........Helen
mollyollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!