View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
Jo-Jo
YT Addict

Please make sure you tour the facility and ask questions before signing up for daycare. There was a wonderful doggie daycare near us that separated the puppies by size, they had full run with each other and lots of toys, food, water, a kiddie pool and full time attention with naps mid morning and afternoon...it was a very nice place. However, we toured another one and it was awful! It smelled and it was not clean! We called before going in for a tour and everything sounded wonderful. When we were taken into the back area we saw 1 mid sized dog outside by himself in grass up to his belly and the other dogs were caged in the concrete and wire kennels. I asked how much of the day the dogs were caged and she said 'most of the day but they get to go outside (alone) for 10 to 15 minutes 3 to 4 times a day to go potty" and she thought that was fine. That was enough for us and we didn't go any further...we told her thanks but no thanks...we wanted Jo to be socialized and have some fun while we were out for the day but we weren't going to send him to jail! Please be careful...just because a place looks good on the outside don't assume that it is...I'm certainly glad I asked questions and took a tour before just dropping Jo off.
Jo-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!