View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 AM   #4
ladyj
No Longer a Member

Rose Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgny42 View Post
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to share with you how proud I am of Lulu. Lulu and I belong to a program though our SPCA called Paws for Love where we go and visit a nursing home near us each week. Lulu was given a brief evaluation just to make sure she didn't have any aggressive behavior (which she doesn't!) back in March and we have been going to an Alzheimer's home right around the corner from us each week ever since.

At first Lulu shook a lot and was afraid of all the attention but gradually got used to going so now instead of carrying her around she will go around and see the residents. We have handed out Lulu's pictures to some of the ladies who have gotten attached to her.

I was so touched today when I brought Lulu in to the living area where the residents were and their faces just lit up when they saw her. One lady, Bea, who doesn't talk much on a regular basis was so happy to see Lulu and actually remembered her name! She thanked me endlessly for bringing Lulu to visit her. Bea actually carries Lulu's picture in her purse and shows everyone "her Lulu".

Another resident, Fran, waits to see Lulu each Tuesday. She has pictures of Lulu on her bulletin board in her room. Today I gave Fran a few Yorkie Yummies to give Lulu and Lulu shook hands for them and Fran had tears in her eyes she was so happy. I could have cried myself.

Every week the ladies like to see what Lulu is wearing too. They always ask where I get her cute outfits and I tell them about this message board and how I have met some very talented women who make dog clothes and sell them here. They just think that is the neatest thing! Since March, I don't think Lulu has worn the same thing twice.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you how lucky I am to have Lulu and how she lights up people's faces when they see her. I couldn't ask for a better little girl.
Aw, Lulu, what a wonderful thing you do and you bring so much joy to these people. I have a therapy dog, Cosmo, who is a Bichon. We visit kids at the local library and it's so much fun to see them interact with Cosmo. They love him to death, have his picture with his paw print on the back, and buttons with his picture on them. They are so proud of these pictures and buttons and they carry them and show them to everyone. I take pictures every now and then and I always print out copies for the kids in the pictures. They are highly prized. Good job, Lulu!
ladyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!