View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
TeddyBear
Hey Cutie!
Donating Member

Question Yorkie or male dog behavior

wasn't sure where to put this thread, but I need some advice on Starsky's behavior lately. Let me tell you a little bit about our situation. I have Starsky and Shylah who are yorkies ages 3 and 2 and I have Haggis who is a beagle age 10. Haggis has put up with Starsky and Shylah picking on him when they were pups and he handles me dog sitting 2 other yorkies from time to time with no problems. He really is a mild manner dog. Okay here is the problem as of the last 3 months. Starsky has started marking alot, and he constantly barks at Haggis like he is yelling at him. He even jumps at him. Even if Haggis is just sleeping. They have actually got in dog fights and I have to squirt them with water to break them up. Starsky is big at 12 lbs or so and Haggis weighs around 33. I am so scared Haggis will hurt Starsky. It sounds like a dominance thing to me, but how do I get Starsky to stop it.
Oh and something else, Starsky constantly guards his food. He eats bits through out the evening. If he isn't by it we usually are. In the past Haggis has gotten into his food so many times and eaten it, I can understand why Starsky protects his food. He even runs to eat it when he hears a dog barking outside or on TV because he thinks someone is going to get it. He lets Shylah eat it with no problem. I think Starsky has an obsessive compulsive disorder.

Last edited by admin; 09-10-2008 at 08:03 PM.
TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!