Thread: Kennel?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 06:43 AM   #6
Ponyup
YT 1000 Club Member

I would imagine you are allowed to bring dogs to Hawaii, but my guess is there are lots of restrictions for bringing animals onto the island. 3months quarantine does not seem out of line. We went to Hawaii on our honeymoon and they explained to us that Hawaii has a very delicate egosystem so anything unfamilar to the areas can cause big problems. They never used to have mosquitos, but they were brought over on a plane, and the same thing happened with snakes. They had no snakes on the island and then one day one got wrapped up on the landing gear of a plane and brought there and no there island is pratically over run with brown snakes because there are no natural predators. I guess I don't know what this has to do with the quarantine, but i just found it interesting.

I understand your heartache about your dog bounding with your mom. All animals love my mom and she has the perfect place for a dog...lots of land, a pond, other dogs, and cats. I don't know about your little one, but my little guy has a enough love to go around. You're little one might bond with your mom, but that won't stop them from bonding with you when you get back. I would leave it with my mom because i knew then he atleast would be safe and it'd be one less thing i had to worry about on my trip.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!