View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #14
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

Let me first say that your Lucky is a very cute little guy....in both of those pictures. I am so sorry you are not happy with his hair cut and his grooming experiance(s), but be assured he IS still adorable and his hair will grow back.

In the meantime, IMO, everychance you get while he's resting on your lap or whenever, brush him gently while talking to him, and reward him with tiny treats. Use your hands to touch, feel, and play with his ears, feet & toes, nails, mouth, tail, etc., to get him familiar and at ease when being groomed. If you have scissors and/or clippers, and even if you don't want to actually do anything yourself, periodically "pretend" to use them on him to get him comfortable with the feel and/or the sound, again importantly, praise & reward him while doing it. Do all of these things for very short periods of time, but regularly. I believe given time, he will learn to trust and know that grooming doesn't have to be a bad thing.

I brush all four of my furbabies at least every other day, give them baths every 2 weeks (at least), and will trim where needed when I think they are starting to look shaggy. Every so often I might splurge and actually take them to a groomer here in town that I really like.

Good luck to you....and to Lucky!

Last edited by luckylady; 09-09-2008 at 04:40 PM.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!