View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #12
BaileysMom2008
♥My Lil' Monkey Girl♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezeaway View Post
Awhile back I had advertised something on the internet for sale. I got several replys from some that I knew didn't speak or type good english. I knew they were trying to scam me. So I thought I will just follow thru with it and see what happens. I got 2 of these money Orders for 850.00 each. They said they would make arrangements to pick the item up. They are not real, it was a scam ,as I thought.
I thought I would post what fake ones look like, even my bank said they certainly looked real and they would have cashed them and it would have came back on me.
Yes they are most definitely fake....working at a bank and all we see these all the time. The coloring will be off and also just by the micr line i could tell there is no FULL account number and the check number is not even correct. Some people think they can pull a fast one. Luckily at my bank we are trained to know what is real and what is fake. Of course there are other items and looks to your money order that put up a red flag however, i cant release detail as that would give an insight to those producing them to correct their errors and perfect them more. LOL Good job on noticing this!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!