View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #14
scoobymom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Lol, don't want to get this thread locked, another member and I have been discussing starting a thread on red flags, and what to look for, so this was on my mind. Oh, I didn't even see the 3 ½ pounder until you mentioned it, most of the dams are 4 ¾ or bigger. I really feel for the breeder who has to attract people on this issue of size, and I wish people would consider other qualities a Yorkie possesses besides it's tininess. Yes, breeding a 3 1/2 pounder is a huge red flag.

I am an advocate of good breeding practices, and very few breeders pass, my tests, people buy from breeders all the time that I would never endorse. However, it does seem that one sick pup should not make or break a breeder. What did the breeder do when she learned of the illness? Was there any offer of a new dog or money returned? Did she alter her breeding program so the chances of this happening again would be lessoned? Whenever anyone receives a puppy that has serious defects, they are going to be extremely emotional about this. This is a terribly sad situation, and I hope the breeder has learned from this experience.
My understanding from reading the posts was that a new puppy was offered as a replacement and refused.
scoobymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!