View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #10
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
Yes, that is the one. There have been severl threads about these breeders lately, some locked for heated comments.
Red flags to many such as:
- purposely breeding "tiny-teacups" and from small mommas "Our dams are 3-6 pounds in size and our sires are 2 to 4 pounds"
- guarantee only covers life threatening congenial defects--what about those genetic but not life threatening that can be both heart breaking and costly in medical care?

I know nothing of the Blue situation, but I know the story has been told and both sides have commented on it in recent, locked threads. So that is open for others to interpret as they wish.
Lol, don't want to get this thread locked, another member and I have been discussing starting a thread on red flags, and what to look for, so this was on my mind. Oh, I didn't even see the 3 ½ pounder until you mentioned it, most of the dams are 4 ¾ or bigger. I really feel for the breeder who has to attract people on this issue of size, and I wish people would consider other qualities a Yorkie possesses besides it's tininess. Yes, breeding a 3 1/2 pounder is a huge red flag.

I am an advocate of good breeding practices, and very few breeders pass, my tests, people buy from breeders all the time that I would never endorse. However, it does seem that one sick pup should not make or break a breeder. What did the breeder do when she learned of the illness? Was there any offer of a new dog or money returned? Did she alter her breeding program so the chances of this happening again would be lessoned? Whenever anyone receives a puppy that has serious defects, they are going to be extremely emotional about this. This is a terribly sad situation, and I hope the breeder has learned from this experience.

Join today and remove this ad!