Thread: The Alpha role
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #7
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Default Alpha

When I first received my Artie, it was a Birthday gift! I had to have a very long talk with my Husband to discuss the House rules and Discipline, what kind of behaviour I would and would not accept, after that was clear...We both enforced them. You have to be consistent! I have no problems with him, everything is a catch-22, he is well traveled both in the car and plane/airports.
He has been to Parties, malls, swimming & surfing @ the Beach. He goes everywhere with me, he is well socialized with other dogs and humans too!
But the flip side is, he loves to see/greet others. If he's off the leash he will run to any person or dog, in the street this is dangerous, but in the enclosed Dog Park it's OK. His attitude is fearless, but he can't back-up his bark. My point is, as long as I'm "Alpha" to him that's what matters, my Husbands on his own, I told him to fight his own battles! I am the one that feeds him, grooms him daily; brushing his coat and teeth, washing his eyes and dressing him. I also try to teach him a lot of words, I speak clearly to him. In general males bond to the females and the females to the Men. Good Luck!
artie merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!