View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 06:13 AM   #12
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

My mom and her hubby and now my brother and his girlfriend live in Rio Rancho, about 10 miles outside of albequerque. No clue if its east/west/north or south. Ive been out there in summer and in winter. I LOVE IT. There are no words that can describe how big the sky is. We are from NH and with buildings and trees everywhere you never see the full sky but out there its like a panaramic view. Actually I'll attach a few pics from my moms backyard. You can see albequerque in the distance and the immediate houses are all Rio Rancho. Its a great place, cool in the winter but not freezing, hot in the summer but not humid. The only thing I don't like is the windy season. too windy for me, annoys the heck out of me. Otherwise awesome place. Great clean air too. I love the hot air balloons. Everytime I stay with my mom I just sit outside in the early morning and drink my coffee watching hot air balloons, Im sooo intrigued, what a beautiful sight. Even in the dead of winter they are out there early morning! LOVE IT! I even flew my dogs with me the last time I went! FUN!

Here are some pics! (those mountains are the Sandia mountains! aweomse sight!)

The 3rd pic is snowing on the Sandia moutains - but we never got touched with it in Rio Rancho
4th pic is Rio Rancho all the way out to Albequerque! Pretty awesome sight at night, my camera can't get it, its all just twinkling lights forever and ever!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg balloon over Rio Rancho4.jpg (32.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg dogs in New Mexico.jpg (43.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg snowy Sandia mountains2.jpg (15.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Rio Rancho and Albequerque.jpg (16.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by celstu1; 09-08-2008 at 06:16 AM.
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!