View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 05:27 AM   #8
Dreamer74
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
My son was stationed there for 3 years and just left in March for Spain. He said it was a dust bowl on the valley floor. Guess it's nicer living in the hills. He said they call the hills watermellon mountain because at sunset they are about that color. Get's really hot during the summer months. The price of new homes are very cheap. A lot have pools, but it costs quite a bit a month to maintain them due to all the dirt & dust that blows around. I don't know. I suppose no matter where you live, there are pros and cons. Your adding another facet to lifes adventure, so just enjoy yourselves.
I am looking foward to the heat!! Today's high here in Iowa is suppose to be 58 degrees!! Adjusting to the dust will be different, but I am looking forward to now mowing. With all that dust I have yet to figure out why people put carpet in thier houses. There will be no pool for us, my kids would be fine but with the dogs it would freak me out. We will be about 30 miles east of albuquerque with the mountains behind us, it actually snows there!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!