View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
shonna3
Yorkie Talker

Cry Was Kennel Cough - Now Sneezing/Snorting. HELP!

My little guy is about 4 1/2 months old. About a month ago, we took him to a puppy preschool at a kennel with lots of other dogs. After that first class, I decided that since we'd be going to a kennel for the classes, I should go ahead and get him the Bordatella vaccine.

Four days later, he started showing signs of kennel cough. My breeder says it's common for Yorkies to come down with kennel cough after being vaccinated, but of course my Vet says that's unlikely. We treated him with a round of antibiotics, and it started to get much better.

A few weeks (3) have passed, and the coughing is still not gone. Middle of night and morning hacking with a few episodes during the day. I've been to the vet nearly every week to make sure it hasn't progressed into the lungs, which as of three days ago, it had not.

HOWEVER, just in the past few days, his cough has turned into more of a wet snort with sneezing. He sounds just like a pug! I'm so worried about him. This is going on for way too long. My vet says it should be gone by now, but the breeder says it's normal for kennel cough to last several months!

What is everyone's experience with this? I am going crazy with worry.
shonna3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!