View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray08 View Post
Hi everyone. My names Rachel and I signed up with yorkie talk a few days ago. I've been looking for quite some time for that special yorkie. I'm taking my time as I don't want to buy just any yorkie that jumps out at me.

I do plan on getting a female. Since they are small should I wait to get her spayed? If so how many months?
I've also been looking through some threads and some have said that there yorkies have had to get their baby teeth pulled... will some fall out on their own or is it just expected that you'd have to take them to get pulled?
I can't imagine having to put my dog through that much pain.

Well I'm excited to use this site and I'm hoping I learn a lot of stuff!
Sorry for so many questions.

-Rachel

Hi Rachel, welcome to YorkieTalk, glad you are doing your research, a Yorkie is a 15 year investment, and finding the best breeder you can, will really save you lots of money and heartache in the future. I'm glad you are going to get her spayed, and the best breeders insist on this, so look for one who feels this is important too. Yorkies do lose some of their teeth on their own, I found a couple on the floor, but the remaining were pulled when Joey was neutered. Some people don't do this, and the double row of teeth can lead to many later dental problems. It's great that you are willing to learn, and people with that attitude get the most out of YorkieTalk!

Join today and remove this ad!