View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #15
spydergurl
YT 500 Club Member

Love Trying this again....

Hi...I tried writing a message from my Blackberry but it didn't come out right....anyhow....I have a 9 yr old girl, Chewy, that has had allergies all her life. My vet just stated the fact and really didn't tell me what to do about it. I changed vets recently, and this one put her on a special non-allergenic dry soy-based food. She didn't want to eat it at all. But I insisted, and wouldn't give in. He said no treats, nothing except this one food. She finally ate after 2 days....I added some water to it and made a big deal about it, hand feeding her with a spoon and my hand. Now she eats it ok. She's not crazy about it, but she knows I won't give in. The reason I am being so strict about it, is due to the fact that she has had numerous ear infections this past year. It just kept getting worse and each time we went to the vet, it was more pain and lots of money put out. He kept telling me about the diet, but I kept saying, how could I do that to her? She's so spoiled and I give her the best of foods and treats. But he made me realize that I was doing harm to her. So now, here we are with the special food. She's been on it for about a month. He said she has to be on it for 4 mos to tell if it's working or not. Poor kid. We have a puppy and I have to give her puppy food for her growth, so it is very hard watching her eat that "good" food. But I am doing it.
As long as it helps her, I will do it and know it's for her own good.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!