View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

I feel so bad for you, I totally understand.

I would TRY the PEPTOBISMOL (or the Walmart brand if you have it)....the only thing is, they will HATE the taste of it and they might throw it up too. But even if you can get a little bit down, it might help.

The Pepcid AC you can also buy at Walmart (it's called Equate Acid Controller and says Famotidine 10 mg) You can buy any generic Famotidine 10 mg tablets and if she's 15 lbs, you can give her a whole tablet (my Madison weighed 7 lbs and the vet put him on 1/2 tab per day and he's been doing GREAT).

You can also try giving her a LITTLE boiled rice....maybe boil it in chicken broth so it tastes better and boil it so that it's very soft so it's easily digested. Give her just a LITTLE bit, if she'll eat it and watch to see if it stays down. If it does after a half hour or so, and she's hungry, you can give her half of what she would normally be eating and watch to see how she does.

If a dog is really really sick, they probably won't eat anything. If the vomiting continues, I'd def. get hold of a vet (naturally it's the weekend$$$), but see if you can work something out with them. Also try Care Credit....the vet will have the info for you if you need it.

Good luck, sweetie, let us know how the little one is doing!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!