View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #12
Ladyhawk
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaLaYorkieGirl View Post
I am very sorry that you have such a sick puppy, a grade 6 heart murmur is a serious problem. The breeder should at the very least not breed the parents together again and offer a replacement of the puppy, or the option to purchase another puppy from a different litter at a discounted price.

I think people also need to realize that not every breeder that would take back a sick puppy would resell the puppy. I would happily take this puppy back whether for pet or show and replace it with a healthy puppy at no charge. I would keep the dog here with me and make sure she received the care she needed, I would definately not resell the puppy or euthanize the puppy as some also like to believe all breeders will do.

However I also never would have sold a puppy with a heart murmur in the first place, since our puppies are listened to several times before they leave by our vet. And I would never have sold such a young puppy with full registration.

My best advice for your next addition to your breeding program is to get a solid written contract with a health guarantee of at least a year. Also I would not recommend purchasing a puppy for show or breeding before 6 months old.

I hope your little girl will be ok and that she can live a long, happy life.
I agree!! If I took back this gal she would stay with me or go to a special home and she would be free.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!