View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
KathyK09
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Too cold at night?

Hello,
Our Mariah is 9 mo old and 2.8 lbs. She sleeps in an x-pen at night on her little couch and has blankets & stuffed animals to cuddle with. My concern is that here in WI it’s getting cold at night already. Last winter she was in our bathroom but now her pen is in the middle of the house in an area that is sort of an open hall. Right now it’s getting to be about 64 degrees at night. Because of the cost of heating my husband doesn’t like to turn the furnace on till it gets much cooler.

I’m trying to think of different ways to make sure she doesn’t get too cold. We do have an electric heater but often hear that they aren’t always safe. A friend suggested and red heating lamp that she used for her baby chickens but I don’t think she would like that. I’ve seen pet-safe heating pads but don’t know of anyone that has used them.

Another option is to start letting her sleep with my daughter. We’ve avoided that because although she is mostly pee-pad trained I’m not sure that she would find her way back to her x-pen (where her pad is) to go potty in the middle of the night. I’ve been considering putting a pee-pad down in my daughter’s bedroom and seeing if she will consistently use that while she is in her room. This might also solve the problem of Mariah being our 6:00 am alarm clock. I think she may sleep in - if she is sleeping with my daughter. I just know that once we start, it could be very difficult to get her to go back to sleeping in her x-pen if we changed our minds.

My husband thinks that she’s fine but I’m concerned that she’s going to get too cold! I’d love any advice! Am I being too protective of my “baby”?
KathyK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!