View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #8
leipshen
Senior Yorkie Talker

I would summize that this little girl's problems are a combination of ...the change she has just gone through, the poor care she had before, nerves, nerves, nerves, her teeth. She couldn't have been very happy or feeling too good before you got her, now add the new environment and her uncertainty over it all and the vet visit , all of it is so much for her.

First..bless your heart for taking her in to love. I was thinking ...I wonder who her original mommy and daddy were when she got lost. How long ago did your friend's daughter find her? I wonder if she ever tried to find the one who lost her? If it hasn't been years (or even if it has) and before you become completely attached, maybe it would be good to try finding the original owner. i know it is a shot in the dark , I just picture that someone could still be broken hearted over losing her. Perhaps she is broken hearted also.

Other than this, how are your other animals taking to her? Are they being friendly or maybe intimidating her? If it was me...I would take her off by herself and sit quitely, talking very soothing and giving her love, give her loads of reassuring love. This will help to calm her heart and fears. i would make sure she is getting plenty of water. As always the great advise of rice and boiled chicken is a good idea. Spend as much time pampering her as you can, don't let the other animals pull rank on her this soon. Let her feel protected by you. I believe she will start coming around. After she is a bit more comfortable, take her on walks...just you two. be happy , hide the worry (they sense it and it scares them) .

You are wonderful for taking on this challenge. You couldn't be in better hands to see you through this ...Than those of YT!!

Hope this helps some, please keep posting updates

Patti
leipshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!