View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
Laura
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Sick or just frightened?

I got a little girl last week. She belonged to the daughter of a friend. When she came to visit, she was appauled that her daughter had this little dog, poop everywhere in the apartment. It seems she had been letting her eat catfood or scraps. She had found her almost a year ago and kept her. She reported that she was a pup and not potty trained, "they had never bonded."

Her mother brought her to me. She didn't have any front teeth, she seems perfectly potty trained. I took her to the vet on Monday as she would not eat. He checked her for worms and guessed her to be at least 6 due to tarter buildup on her k9's. She is 8.3#s. I don't believe she has been fixed.

My house is large with a large backyard. There are five adults (I call the other four that out of courtesy), 5 yorkies (one very bossy), and 2 cats here. I say so you can consider the intimidation factor from moving from a small apartment where she apparently seldom left.

All this before I begin. The vet got her to eat a little prescription from a can. I bought 2 cans, but she never ate another bite of that. I fed her turkey (sandwich slices) 2 ea, 3x for 2 days. I let her go a day without food, started her on nutrical (also taking kropectolin from the vet) Her stomach seems very tight. She will eat a very little bit. She always drinks water. She poops about once a day, the color was red clay (not blood), now getting darker. She seems very lathargic.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/gallery/sh...00&ppuser=1851
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!