View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieChick1 View Post
Imageready is not built in to the CS3 but I am going to look and see if it is a separate program to download. I actually made the animated avatar on CS3 but I didn't know what to save it as!! I saved it as Compuserve GIF but when I went to reopen it , it wasn't animated!! I might have to look up a tutorial on it!!
I googled around a little bit ("CS3 avatar") and found a few youtube tutorials, but most of them just show how to build it, not save it.

This one is by someone who seems to have your same question. She (he?) made a video asking for help, and several people replied. Here are a couple responses:

First response:
Ok, you have the animation done. Go to File, then press Save For Web And Devices. Then when that window comes up, in the upper right select GIF. Make sure you have Animations checked, and press save. Now open up the GIF in internet explorer or firefox, and you will see the animation.

Another response:
First you save a GIF file on your desktop, it doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's a GIF file. Then You open up your photoshop and save the file as the GIF file you saved earlier on your desktop [yes, you're going to replace it]

Edit: And after seeing the vids, you definitely won't need to download imageready. CS3 can absolutely handle it.

Last edited by alaskayorkie; 09-04-2008 at 12:31 PM.
alaskayorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!