View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
emilio1
Yorkie Yakker

Smile

I have a 9 month old boy and I trained him to potty pads from the beginning. I use a medium sized litter pan but with no litter just the potty pad inside it (I cut them in half). I used a product called Housebreaking spray in the beginning. It makes them want to go on the pad. I work full time, so I worked with him in the morning and in the evening, just putting him in it and saying potty over and over, when he had an accident I would put him in it and say potty also. When he went in it, lots of praise and a treat. He has been trained to it ever since. He has his moments of attitude when he wants to make a statement but otherwise he goes in it consistently. It is really nice because I can take it with me to peoples houses if necessary, take it in car on long trips and it goes right in his crate with him during the day, so he goes in the potty all the time, no changes. Now if we are outside he will go out there, but he doesn't get taken outside to potty at all. I think that the big key with these little guys is to always be consistent, they seem to be creatures of habit. Give the litter pan with wee wee pads inside it a try, try the housebreaking spray until he gets the hang of it. I order my pads from PetEdge.com, I get 100 pack for $26. GREAT PRICE!!! And like I said I cut them in half so I get double use. Hope this helps.
emilio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!