View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
ranant12
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Is this a socialization issue?

Yesterday, we took Diva over to my friends house to see Teddy (her puppy). Now, I realize that Teddy had been with his new owners for over a month, but I honestly thought Diva would be excited to see him. Boy was I wrong.

Diva was not at all happy about meeting up with her son again. Teddy got so excited when he saw her that he ran right to her and started climbing on her. Diva freaked out, jumped on the couch and proceeded to throw up on their couch!! She then climbed to the back of the couch and did her best "I'm not looking at you," routine. Teddy just kept trying to get to her while she did her best to pretend he did not exist.

So this got me wondering if this is an issue that I caused. Diva has never liked other animals. We joke and say that she thinks she's human. She ignores our cats, never played with Coco and acts like she can't stand for another animal to touch her. When she had her puppies though, she was a wonderful attentive mother.

I kept her away from strange animals when she was puppy because I didn't want her getting hurt or sick, but she has always been around our cats. It's not like she was totally isolated from all other animals.

I want to make sure that Teddy does not end up like this if it's something that I did wrong in socializing her.

Does anyone have any ideas?
ranant12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!