View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:59 AM   #6
Kathy
Yorkie Yakker

Question potty training question for new 1 1/2 pound teacup

In the middle of a snow storm I acquired a one and half pound teacup that will be no more than 3 pounds at maturity. I am making my self crazy trying to figure out the best way to potty train her. Let me tell you my story and see if anyone can help. Here it goes: We currently have a beauifully outdoor trained 13 week old bigon (don't ask why I got another puppy). We trained her by way of the crate. I work all day and she is able to stay in it all day (7 to 5) with an occasional coming home to let her out. SHe sleeps in the crate and doesn't whine or have any accidents. She is out and about the rest of the time. Model dog. Now, into the picture comes a teacup 14 week old pup. We also have a few cats. Her frist days and nights I kept her in a pen or the kitchen with pads, bed, food and water. She would go on the pad several times but I also noticed that she went along the gate (proabably excitement or distress about being in there). In the kitchen her poops started on the pad but then trailed around the kitchen. I decided to go back to the crate training method last night and take her outside during the day (I am also afraid that my newly trained puppy will decide to use the pads). I had her out all day and took her outside to potty. She did fine during the day (not liking the cold though); however, last night in the crate (sectioned small already) she went poop around 11:30 pm. She was cleaned and taken out to go potty. She did. I let her out again at 3am. She went potty. But, this morning I found another poop in the crate. Am I expecting to much of a teacup? Can she hold it all night? Should I just give her a pee wee pad? The night before my daughter fell asleep with her and around 1 she was found sitting next to the pad after she had found it and went on it. I am afraid that I am going to confuse her. I would like her to ultimatley sleep with my kids. We live in a two floor house. She is funny, she does find the pad even though I keep moving it to figure out what and where is best. Help? Pads? Can they learn inside and pads at the same time? Crate at night? Day? Will she ever be able to hold it? Will pads mess up other dog? Help before I mess her up. She came knowing the pads.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!