View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Default Yorkie in NC Rowan County High Kill Shelter

Not working with rescue does not mean they euthanize. I did not speak with them, but I got the impression they do their own adoptions.

Most of the shelters in my area work with rescues because that is the best way for them to save larger numbers. There is one in particular that only releases the really sick yorkies to us and adopt the healthy ones on a first come/first serve basis which makes me sick; but I keep my mouth shut because I don't want them to euthanize the sick ones. Many of them can be saved. Then there is another that releases all of their yorkies to us because they want the room to adopt the others. They work with as many rescues as they can...they carefully screen the rescues and the adopters. A model shelter program in my opinion. All a matter of philosophies I guess.

This shelter in NC may not have that many dogs and they may do a decent job of adoptions. Hopefully they carefully screen their applicants.

I do not agree with placing a yorkie in a home without at least a 3 week evaluation, but everyone has their own opinion.

Linda
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!